This was voted the best chocolate chip cookie recipe in an old magazine recipe contest. The cookies are soft and tasty, you won't be disappointed.
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Beat brown sugar, white sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed about 3 minutes or until fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla, then stir in the baking soda, salt and flour. Add the walnuts and chocolate.
4. Drop dough by large scoops onto ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with fork.
5. Bake 11 to 14 minutes. Cool on pan for five minutes, then cool on wire racks.