We all know that season when everything in sight is Pumkin Spice flavored. There's no better way to get the true pumpkin spice experience than by making a home baked treat that has real pumpkin in it. Make it easy as a bonus and we'll get out of that long line for pumpkin spiced coffee (which is also easy to make yourself).
Pumpkin bars are the perfect spiced treat that can be served individually with no mess. Easy to make, they're fabulous with our lovely cream cheese icing for an extra bit of decadence. Pumpkin bars should be refrigerated to keep them fresh, but make sure you get one fresh out of the oven for the ultimate taste experience!
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
15-ounce can pumpkin
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
Cream Cheese Icing:
8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
3. Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
4. Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars.
5. To make the icing: Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.
Cookie Recipes List