French Onion Soup
¼ cup butter
3 cups onion, sliced
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons flour
4 cups beef broth
¼ cup dry white wine or beef broth
6 slices French bread
6 slices mozzarella cheese
1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook for 15-20 minutes until soft.
3. Stir in sugar and salt and stir until golden.
4. Add flour, mix well.
5. Combine onion mixture, broth and wine or broth in a slow cooker.
6. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
7. When ready to serve, top bread slices with cheese and place under broiler until cheese is bubbly.
8. Ladle soup into bowls and top with cheese bread.
Try one of our favorite Crock Pot Meals: