At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
French Onion Soup
¼ cup butter
3 cups onion, sliced
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons flour
4 cups beef broth
¼ cup dry white wine or beef broth
6 slices French bread
6 slices mozzarella cheese
1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook for 15-20 minutes until soft.
3. Stir in sugar and salt and stir until golden.
4. Add flour, mix well.
5. Combine onion mixture, broth and wine or broth in a slow cooker.
6. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
7. When ready to serve, top bread slices with cheese and place under broiler until cheese is bubbly.
8. Ladle soup into bowls and top with cheese bread.