2 ¼ cups cake flour
1 ½ cups sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
5 egg yolks
½ cup vegetable oil
¾ cup fresh orange juice
1 Tablespoon orange zest
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup egg whites
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
Orange Butter Frosting (recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together into bowl. Make a well in center.
3. Add in order: oil, egg yolks, orange juice, orange rind, and vanilla into well.Beat with spoon until smooth.
4. In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar in mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
5. Gradually pour the egg yolk mixture over the beaten egg whites, ¼ of the mixture at a time, gently folding with a rubber spatula until just blended.
6. Pour batter into ungreased 10 inch angel food tube pan.
7. Bake in oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until top springs back when touched lightly.
8. Hang upside down until cake has completely cooled. Remove from pan. Frost with Orange Butter Frosting.
3 cups confectioners' sugar
3 Tablespoons orange juice
1 ½ Tablespoons orange zest
⅓ cup butter, softened
1. Blend all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. To thin, add more juice, to thicken, add more sugar.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),