Irish Potato Candy
Makes about 4 dozen pieces of potato candy
1/4 cup butter, softened
4 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-4 cups confectioners sugar (it needs to be firm, the average is 3 1/2 cups)
2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 Tablespoon cocoa powder (optional, for those who think the cinnamon is too strong)
1. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and softened butter together until smooth.
2. Add the vanilla. Slowly add the confectioners sugar, beating well to mix with every addition.
3. Add the coconut (you may need to lower the mixer speed to blend the coconut into the mixture evenly).
4. Chill mixture for 30 minutes.
5. Roll the mixture in balls, then mold each ball to resemble a potato shape.
6. Roll balls in cinnamon (and cocoa if using).
7. Place the "potato" on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Chill for an additional 30 minutes, then enjoy!
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!