At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Asian Barley with Cashews
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup hulled barley
3 cups vegetable broth
1 cup chopped celery
1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
1 yellow onion, peeled and minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped cashews
1. Heat skillet over medium heat until hot. Add butter and barley.
2. Cook and stir about 10 minutes or until barley is slightly browned. Transfer to crockpot.
3. Add broth, celery, bell pepper, onion, garlic and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
4. Cover; cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours or on HIGH 2 to 3 hours, or until barley is tender and liquid is absorbed.
5. To serve, garnish with cashews.