At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Pork Chops with Jalapeño Cornbread Stuffing
6 boneless pork loin chops, about 1-1/2 pounds
Nonstick cooking spray
1 large onion, chopped
3/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 cups unseasoned cornbread stuffing mix
1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Trim excess fat from pork and discard. Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
2. Add pork; brown on both sides. Transfer to plate.
3. Add onion, celery, jalapeño pepper, sage, rosemary and black pepper to skillet. Cook 5 minutes or until onion and celery are tender; set aside.
4. Combine stuffing mix, vegetable mixture and broth in medium bowl. Stir in egg, mix well.
5. Spoon stuffing mixture into slow cooker. Arrange pork on top. Cover; cook on low 5 hours or until pork is tender and barely pink in center.