At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Crock Pot Pork Tamale Pie
3 cups beef broth
2 cups yellow cornmeal
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 pound pork sausage
1 pound stew meat cut into small cubes
2 medium onions, chopped
3/4 cup finely chopped celery
2 mild green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
3/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
1 can (2 1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Bring beef broth to boil in medium saucepan. Stirring constantly, slowly add cornmeal. Simmer mixture 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in cilantro.
2. Using a greased spatula, spread cornmeal mixture on bottom and about 2-3 inches up sides of crock pot.
3. In large bowl, combine the sausage, stew meat, onions, celery, chile peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, corn, sliced olives, salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Carefully spoon into center of cornmeal-lined pot.
5. Cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hours. Garnish with ripe olives, if desired.