Italian Meatball Stew
3 pounds ground beef
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
2 teaspoons salt
2 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups water
2 cups beef broth
14-1/2 ounces Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
12 ounces tomato paste
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
1. Combine beef, bread crumbs, eggs, milk, cheese, salt, garlic powder and pepper in large bowl.
2. Form into 2-inch-round balls. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
3. Brown meatballs on all sides. Transfer meatballs to the crock pot.
4. Add remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine.
5. Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Franco Volpato/Shutterstock.com.