Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops
This recipe for Smothered Pork Chops gives you the delicious crisp of a fried chop with the tenderness of a slow cooked chop in an easy slow cooker dinner. Serve with roasted potatoes and green beans to finish off this savory dinner.
¾ cup all-purpose flour, divided
½ teaspoon ground mustard
½ teaspoon garlic pepper blend
¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
4 boneless pork loin chops (½-inch thick, 4 ounces each)
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 (14½ ounce) can chicken broth
1. In a large re-sealable plastic bag, combine ½ cup flour, mustard, pepper blend and seasoned salt.
2. Add chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on each side.
3. Transfer to a greased 5 quart slow cooker.
4. Place remaining flour in a small bowl; whisk in broth until smooth. Pour over chops.
5. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3½ hours or until meat is tender.
6. Remove pork to a serving plate and keep warm. Whisk pan juices until smooth; serve with pork.
You might also like:
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Williams Photography 365/Shutterstock.com.