At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops
This recipe for Smothered Pork Chops gives you the delicious crisp of a fried chop with the tenderness of a slow cooked chop in an easy slow cooker dinner. Serve with roasted potatoes and green beans to finish off this savory dinner.
¾ cup all-purpose flour, divided
½ teaspoon ground mustard
½ teaspoon garlic pepper blend
¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
4 boneless pork loin chops (½-inch thick, 4 ounces each)
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 (14½ ounce) can chicken broth
1. In a large re-sealable plastic bag, combine ½ cup flour, mustard, pepper blend and seasoned salt.
2. Add chops, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on each side.
3. Transfer to a greased 5 quart slow cooker.
4. Place remaining flour in a small bowl; whisk in broth until smooth. Pour over chops.
5. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3½ hours or until meat is tender.
6. Remove pork to a serving plate and keep warm. Whisk pan juices until smooth; serve with pork.