San Francisco Chops
4 bone-in pork loin chops
1 garlic clove, minced
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup red wine or chicken broth
4 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon cold water
1. Place pork chops in slow cooker.
2. Combine garlic, soy sauce, wine (or broth) brown sugar, and red pepper flakes and stir until sugar is dissolved.
3. Pour over chops in slow cooker.
4. Cook 7-8 hours on low or until meat is tender.
5. Remove chops.
6. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth.
7. Stir into slow cooker.
8. Return chops to slow cooker.
9. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until thickened.
10. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.