At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Blueberry Pie Recipe
This blueberry pie recipe uses a hand-rolled pie crust. It’s made with fresh blueberries, the perfect amount of sugar for sweetness, and a touch of flour for just the right thickness. It is absolutely divine, a great holiday or picnic pie!
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cold butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 to 5 Tablespoons cold water
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 cups fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine the salt and flour in large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add enough water (stirring with a fork after each tablespoon) just until flour is moistened.
3. Divide dough in half; shape each half into ball then flatten slightly. Wrap 1 ball of dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
4. Roll out with a floured rolling pin on lightly floured surface, the remaining ball of dough into a 12-inch circle.
5. Place into a 9 inch pie pan, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Trim crust to 1/2 inch from edge of pan and pinch to flute edges.
6. Combine 2 tablespoons flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together. Stir in the blueberries.
7. Spoon blueberry mixture into prepared pie crust.
8. Roll out with a floured rolling pin on lightly floured surface, the chilled ball of dough into a 12-inch circle.
9. Cut out leaf shapes in dough using small knife or cookie cutter. Place dough over filling. Cover edge of crust with 2-inch strip of aluminum foil.
10. Bake for 35 minutes; remove the aluminum foil from around the edges. Continue baking for an additional 10 to 20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and juice begins to bubble through cut-outs in crust.