Stained Glass Christmas Cookie Recipe
Almost everyone has had this Christmas cookie recipe at some point in their lives, it is a traditional Christmas cookie. Each cookie looks like it has stained glass windows, beautiful and perfect for the season.
Stained Glass Window Christmas Cookies
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 rolls mult-colored lifesavers candy
1. Beat sugar, vanilla, butter, and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.
2. Stir in baking powder, flour, and salt. Cover and refrigerate for one hour until firm.
3. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll 1/3 of dough at a time to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into shapes.
5. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Cut out window pane designs from cookies. Place partially crushed pieces of candy in cutouts, mixing colors as desired.
6. Bake 7-9 minutes. Immediately spread any unmelted candy with a knife. Cool completely on pan.