At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
1 1/4 cup Butter
1 1/2 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
3 cups Flour
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup cocoa (for HALF the dough)
1. Mix butter, sugar and egg. Stir in flour and salt. Divide dough in half. Stir 1/4 cocoa into HALF the dough. Refrigerate one hour.
2. On a floured pastry cloth, roll plain dough into a rectangle 16 x 19 inches. Roll chocolate dough the same size. Place on top.
3. Roll out BOTH doughs until 3/16 inch thick. Starting at the long edge, roll doughs into a log. Wrap and chill for one hour or longer.
4. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice into 1/8″ slices. If dough crumbles while slicing, let it warm a bit.
5. Place 1″ apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake about 8 minutes until set, but not brown. Remove from sheets immediately and cool on racks.
Christmas Cookie Recipes Index