Was your child born on February 12? You may have noticed that your child has a unique personality. Do you know their zodiac sign? A person's zodiac sign may hold clues to their personality traits, worldview, and compatibility with others. Astrologers also believe that a person's zodiac sign determines their career path and interests in life.
We will examine the zodiac sign for children born on February 12. We will be examining their personality traits, their strengths and weaknesses, and the characteristics of people they get along with best. Additionally, we will provide some useful parenting tips along with a list of successful people who share the same birth date.
What Is a Zodiac Sign?
Your zodiac sign depends on the sun's position at the exact moment you were born, making it your “Sun sign.” Each house has a ruling planet and an element. Additionally, each house corresponds to a particular time of year. All of these components combine to shape your personality, likes and dislikes, and your strengths and weaknesses.
What Is the Zodiac Sign For People Born on February 12?
The zodiac sign for people born between January 20 and February 18 is Aquarius. Aquarius is the eleventh house of the zodiac and is the house of communication and friendships. As a result, the Aquarius is an incredibly social sign that excels at social networking.
The Aquarius's social skills are partly connected to their inquisitive nature and deep compassion for others. They love meeting people from all walks of life and are genuinely interested in learning about other people's lives. Additionally, this sign is typically drawn to volunteering for a variety of social causes.
Personality Traits of the February 12 Zodiac Sign
Aquarius is a hard sign to pin down because they are a combination of seemingly contradictory traits. The Aquarius prides itself on being different and defying convention rather than following the crowd simply to fit in. In addition to their outsider status, they also love breaking the rules and upsetting the status quo. Nothing bores an Aquarius more than routines and schedules. Highly independent, they prefer to set their own schedule and agenda.
Despite being eccentric, this sign is very popular. An Aquarius has a large friend group and loves to go on adventures. Yet, this social sign is also famous for spending a lot of time on their own and being lost in thought. An Aquarius has a highly analytical mind and is always thinking. For this reason, they sometimes appear aloof or lost in thought. While they are a popular sign, people who do not know them well sometimes find the Aquarian cold.
The Strengths and Weaknesses of Aquarius
Every zodiac sign has strengths and weaknesses. Here are some of the common traits of the Aquarius.
- The Aquarius is known for being a humanitarian because they care about people and want to make society better for everyone. They have a subversive nature, which means they will fight against oppressive systems and raise their voice.
- Authentic to the core, the Aquarian also encourages others to be themselves. They easily form connections and maintain long-distance relationships. Their unique way of looking at the world means they have insights into situations that others might lack. They are great listeners and will always tell you the truth.
- As a fixed sign, the Aquarius usually succeeds at their career of choice. They are often great managers because they build relationships with their employees. While their out-of-the-box thinking means they work well alone, they truly excel when working with others.
- The motto of the Aquarius is “I know,” and sometimes these smarty pants come off as know-it-alls. The Aquarius tend to believe they know more than others, even if they're speaking to an expert, and often dismiss other opinions too quickly.
- While their rebel attitude is often admirable, they can become rebels without a cause very quickly. Their behavior sometimes causes chaos and hurts themselves and other people.
- Aquarians often have trouble in personal relationships, particularly romantic relationships, because of their aloof natures and tendency to guard their feelings. Additionally, their impulsive decisions often create problems in these relationships. While they are incredibly loyal to those they love, they can become bored quickly and it can be hard for partners to understand.
Compatibility With Other Signs
Aquarians tend to have the best compatibility with the other Air signs, including Gemini and Libra. The Air signs use their ability to think logically and rationally to navigate through life. Furthermore, they all share a love for travel and adventure. Board game nights, weekend trips, and attending protests are activities all three would enjoy.
Fire signs, especially the Leo, are also good for Aquarius. Proving that opposites do attract, Leo and Aquarius have different attitudes that complement each other. Leo will warm up the Aquarian's chilly personality, while Aquarius will ground Leo's more attention-seeking and flamboyant nature.
Aquarius may not be compatible with Earth signs such as Virgo and Taurus due to their practical and grounded natures. For instance, Virgo is a detail-oriented sign, whereas Aquarius is a big-picture thinker, so they will disagree on how to accomplish a task. Additionally, Water signs like Scorpio often clash with Aquarius. The Aquarian's cool character and need for independence will clash with the Scorpio's intensity and muted vulnerability.
Tips for Parenting an Aquarius
How do you parent a fun sign like Aquarius? Here are a few tips for bringing out the best in your little Aquarian.
- Aquarian kids are sometimes absent-minded because there is so much going on in their little brains. Be patient with them and encourage them to focus on the tasks at hand. However, giving them fun, complicated tasks will engage their creative minds and keep them focused.
- Raising an Aquarian child can be quite challenging, as they tend to be more stubborn than other children. They have a strong sense of fairness and will reject anything that they perceive to be unfair. It is important to take the time to explain why they should do something, as this will help them to understand better and listen to you.
- Do not be surprised if your house is frequently full of neighborhood kids because the Aquarian child is popular. However, it is important to encourage your child to balance their social time with time spent with family and alone time so they don't become overly concerned with pleasing others.
Famous People Born on February 12
Many famous Aquarians were born on February 12. Do you recognize any of these names?
- Abraham Lincoln – As the sixteenth President of the United States, Lincoln was President during the Civil War. He also abolished slavery in America with the Thirteenth Amendment.
- Charles Darwin – Considered the father of evolutionary science, this biologist wrote the controversial 1859 book The Origin of the Species.
- Christina Ricci – Ricci is a versatile actress best known for her portrayal of Wednesday Addams in the Addams Family films.
- Gucci Mane – While his real name is Radric Davis, this rapper performing under the pseudonym Gucci Mane had several hit singles, including the song “Wasted.”
- Josh Brolin – Brolin has been acting since childhood and has appeared in films such as No Country for Old Men and The Goonies.
- Judy Blume – An award-winning children's author, Blume penned the iconic books Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret and Tiger Eyes.
- Maud Adams – This Swedish actress became famous as a Bond girl in the films The Man With the Golden Gun and Octopussy.
- Mike Posner – Born Michael Robert Henrion Posner, Posner has released a number of albums and singles, including the song “I Took a Pill in Ibiza.” Posner is also a prolific songwriter, penning tunes for artists like Justin Bieber, Maroon 5, Nick Jonas, and Big Sean.
- Ray Manzarek – As a founding member of the rock band The Doors, Manzarek was the band's keyboardist from 1965 until the band's singer, Jim Morrison, died in 1973.
- Tara Strong – Strong is a popular voice actor who voiced characters such as Bubble in The Powerpuff Girls. She now runs her own voice-acting company called VoiceStarz.
Aquarius children possess an unusual combination of personality traits that can make them difficult to understand. They are book smart and popular, yet aloof and stubborn. These kids are independent thinkers who march to the beat of their own drum.
Encouraging their thinking skills with logical puzzles and games is a good idea, but it is also important to provide structure to help them focus and complete tasks. Finding a balance between social activities and alone time can help them develop their strengths and overcome some of the weaknesses associated with this particular zodiac sign.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©PeachShutterStock/Shutterstock.com.