This is a chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe, for those who don't like their chocolate chip cookies to lose the softness even when they've been out of the oven for a while. It is amazing!
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 cups plus 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts, optional
1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Beat butter, vanilla, sugars, and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed. Stir in flour, salt, and baking soda. A stiff dough will form.
3. Stir in chocolate chips, and if using nuts add also.
4. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
5. Bake about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 1 to 2 minutes then finish cooling on wire rack.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!