This meringue cookie recipe adds the flavor of chocolate to the delicate puff of a meringue cookie.
3 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon baking cocoa
1/3 cup (about) ground walnuts
1. Heat oven to 275 degrees F. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Beat cream of tartar and egg whites in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Slowly beat in sugar, in very small amounts, continue beating until stiff.
3. Fold in cocoa, lightly combining.
4. Place meringue in a decorating bag fitted with a #4 large star tip. Pipe 1 1/4-inch stars onto cookie sheet. Sprinkle lightly with walnuts.
5. Bake 30-35 minutes or until outside is crisp and dry. Cool 5 minutes, then place on wire rack. Store in airtight container.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!