Caribbean Sweet Potato and Bean Stew
This vitamin packed stew combines sweet and spicy flavors for an extraordinary taste.
2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
2 cups frozen cut green beans
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 ½ ounces) vegetable broth
1 small onion, sliced
2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
½ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Salt and pepper to taste
⅓ cup slivered almonds
Hot pepper sauce, optional
1. Combine sweet potatoes, green and black beans, broth, onion, jerk seasoning, thyme, salt and cinnamon in slow cooker.
2. Cover; cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
3. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with hot pepper sauce, if desired.
Try one of our fan favorite Crock Pot Meals:
Food and Recipes Menu
- Food and Recipes
- Dinner Ideas
- Soups - Side Dishes - Salad Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Kids Recipes