At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Caribbean Pork Tenderloin
4½ pounds pork tenderloin
⅓ cup white vinegar
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 teaspoons dried thyme
3 teaspoons ground allspice
3 teaspoons salt
¾ teaspoon black pepper
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
18 scallions, chopped (about 3 cups)
1½ cups chopped onion (about 1 large onion)
3 tablespoons minced ginger
3 teaspoons minced garlic (about 9 cloves)
3 one-gallon freezer bags, labeled
1. Rinse and trim the tenderloin as desired. Place 1½ pounds pork (or one-third of the meat) into each freezer bag.
2. Mix vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce in a large bowl. Divide the marinade evenly over the pork.
3. Into each bag measure 1 teaspoon thyme, 1 teaspoon allspice, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Gently shake each bag to distribute spices.
4. Into each bag measure 1 cup scallions, ½ cup onion, 1 tablespoon ginger, and 1 teaspoon garlic.
5. Seal and freeze.
1. Completely thaw one entrée in the refrigerator.
2. Prepare a medium fire in a gas or charcoal grill.
3. Lightly coat grill rack with cooking spray. Grill tenderloin until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the pork reads 160°F. Discard remaining marinade.
Yield: 3 entrees, 6 servings each
Freeze up to: 4 months