Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
1 large pumpkin
salt to taste
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the pumpkin. Separate the pulp from the seeds and discard the pulp.
2. Rinse the seeds in a large colander under cold running water, removing any remaining pulp strings.
3. Place seeds, a small amount at a time, onto paper towels to dry.
4. Spread seeds on a large baking sheet and allow to finish air-drying for about an hour.
5. When seeds are dry, toss them in a large bowl with the vegetable oil to coat well and sprinkle liberally with salt.
6. Spread into a thin layer on the baking sheet and place in a 350 F oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring every few minutes to prevent burning.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.