At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
Enjoy all the goodness of your pumpkin with this salty, crunchy easy to make snack!
1 large pumpkin
salt to taste
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the pumpkin. Separate the pulp from the seeds and discard the pulp.
2. Rinse the seeds in a large colander under cold running water, removing any remaining pulp strings.
3. Place seeds, a small amount at a time, onto paper towels to dry.
4. Spread seeds on a large baking sheet and allow to finish air-drying for about an hour.
5. When seeds are dry, toss them in a large bowl with the vegetable oil to coat well and sprinkle liberally with salt.
6. Spread into a thin layer on the baking sheet and place in a 350 F oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring every few minutes to prevent burning.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.