Jack-O-Lantern Cheeseburger Pie
1 pound of ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, pressed
¾ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon pepper
¼ cup ketchup
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
2 tablespoons water
1 large egg
Red and yellow liquid food coloring
1. Cook first five ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
2. Stir in ketchup and Worcestershire sauce; cool.
3. Unfold one pie crust, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spread mustard evenly over crust.
4. Stir together meat mixture and two cups of cheese; spoon onto center of crust, leaving a two inch border.
5. Unfold remaining pie crust, and cut out a jack-o-lantern face, reserving cut outs to use as stem.
6. Place crust over meat mixture; crimp edges of crust, and fold under.
7. Place stem on jack-o-lantern face.
8. Whisk together 2 tablespoons of water, egg and 1 drop each of red and yellow food coloring; brush over crust.
9. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes; removed from oven; and brush again with egg mixture.
10. Fill eyes, nose and mouth with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes more, or until golden brown.
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!