3 large egg whites
¼ teaspoon cream or tartar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup white sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Line a cookie sheet with brown paper bag or parchment paper.
3. In a medium sized bowl at high speed, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt until fluffy.
4. Gradually beat in sugar. Add vanilla.
5. Place in a pastry bag fitted with a medium plain piping tip.
5. Pipe 3 inch bone shapes onto parchment paper.
6. Bake 1 hour, until set.
7. Turn off oven, dry in oven 1 hour.