Last Updated on
Forget Me Not Cookies Recipe
2 egg whites
½ cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
½ teaspoon vanilla
Makes 36 cookies
1. Set the oven rack in the middle position. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line two 14 inch by 16 inch baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Place egg whites in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip until foamy.
4. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff but not dry.
5. Fold in salt, chocolate chips, walnuts, and vanilla.
6. Drop by teaspoons onto baking sheet. Place in preheated oven. Close door and turn off oven.
7. Do not open door. Keep cookies in oven for 6 hours or over night until cool. Peel cookies carefully from parchment paper.