2 1/4 cups cake flour
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
4 Tablespoons margarine
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon orange peel
3/4 cup skim milk
3 oz. lowfat cream cheese
2 Tablespoons skim milk
6 Tablespoons cocoa
2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
To prepare cake:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Grease 10-inch round pan (at least 2 1/2 inches high) with small amount of cooking oil or use nonstick cooking oil spray. Powder pan with flour. Tap out excess flour.
3. Sift together flour and baking powder.
4. In separate bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until soft and creamy.
5. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and orange peel.
6. Gradually add flour mixture, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
7. Pour mixture into pan. Bake for 40–45 minutes or until done. Let cake cool for 5–10 minutes before removing from pan. Let cool completely before icing.
To prepare icing:
1. Cream together cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add cocoa. Blend well.
2. Slowly add sugar until icing is smooth. Mix in vanilla.
3. Smooth icing over top and sides of cooled cake.
Yield: 16 servings
Serving size: 1 slice
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 57 mg
Sodium: 273 mg
Total fiber: 1 g
Protein: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 45 g
Potassium: 95 mg
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),