Mini Meat Loaves with Breaded Broccoli
½ cup ketchup
1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 pound ground sirloin
¾ cup finely chopped onion
¼ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ried oregano
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 bunch broccoli (about 1¼ pounds)
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup plain dry bread crumbs
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Combine ketchup and mustard, stirring well with a whisk. Reserve 2½ tablespoons ketchup mixture. Combine remaining ketchup mixture, beef, and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring to combine.
3. Divide beef mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 4 x 2½-inch loaf; place loaves on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Spread about 2 teaspoons reserved ketchup mixture evenly over each meat loaf. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until done.
5. Cut broccoli into spears and put in a large microwave-safe bowl with the water. Cover tightly and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the over, drain the broccoli well, and set aside.
6. While the broccoli is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the bread crumbs, oregano, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring, cook until the crumbs are toasted and golden brown, about 2 minutes. Add the broccoli, toss to coat with bread crumbs, and serve.
Serving size: 1 meat loaf and 1 cup broccoli