Barbecued Shrimp with Pecan Rice
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
2 cups converted white rice
3 cups chicken broth
½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
½ cup steak sauce
6 Tablespoons cider vinegar
6 Tablespoons ketchup
6 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar
3 Tablespoons bourbon
2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
2 pounds medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
1. Heat the oil in a nonstick saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook until tender and golden, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the rice, stirring to coat well, and cook until begins to turn golden (about 3 minutes).
4. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer until broth has evaporated and rice is tender (about 20 minutes).
5. Remove from heat and stir in the pecans and parsley.
6. Mix the steak sauce, vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, bourbon, and pepper sauce in a bowl until blended. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
7. Heat a nonstick ridged grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the shrimp until pink and lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
8. Turn the shrimp and cook until nicely browned, about 2 minutes longer.
9. Spoon the rice onto a platter and top with shrimp. Makes 4 servings.
Try one of our favorite 30 Minute Meals: