I'm working with Danon to help promote the Activia Challenge. All opinions are my own.
Some of you may know from my previous post, that I am 2 weeks into the Activia Challenge. I've been trying to eat healthier as well as get in 30 miles in 30 days for running/walking. The Activia Challenge isn't really a challenge for me because I already love yogurt, and I already love Activia.
However, I've been trying to find new ways to have yogurt for breakfast rather than just eating “yogurt and toast.” I've found that eating a smoothie for breakfast and adding a yogurt to it, has been a healthy option for me. If I'm doing a breakfast smoothie I will sometimes just do Activia's regular vanilla, but I also like adding a Greek yogurt to a smoothie as a post-workout snack. I like to add chia seeds to mine for an extra boost of nutrients!
I have included the smoothie that I have been making. Because the Blueberry Greek yogurt is my favorite, I based my recipe around that one, but feel free to use any of the other flavors:
Seven Fruit-on-the-Bottom styles:
- Garden Blueberry
- Strawberry Patch
- Orchard Peach
- Tropical Fruit
- Black Cherry
- Strawberry Patch
*Activia also makes a Light yogurt if that is your yogurt of choice.
Blueberry Smoothie With Greek Yogurt
- 1 Blueberry Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Frozen Berries
- 3/4 Cup water or milk
- 1/2 Banana
- Honey to taste (optional)
- Optional Protein additions: Chia Seeds, Oatmeal, Peanut Butter, or Almonds
- Combine ingredients and blend.
As you are sipping your smoothie, here's some light reading material for you 🙂
Activia Brand Ambassador, Laila Ali, has shared her tips for living a healthy lifestyle:
- Start the Day off Right: Whenever I have a busy day scheduled, I always make sure I have an Activia Yogurt in my fridge. These delicious, creamy low-fat yogurts are rich in flavor and help me easily stay on track with the Activia Challenge!
- Work Out: Fit it in when you can. You don’t have to do a two-hour workout at the gym – I rarely have time for that anymore. I like to take the kids out for a bike ride, or go for a run while they ride their scooters along with me. Doing little workouts throughout the day will help to improve your mood all day long.
- Pack In The Protein: After I complete a workout I always grab Activia Greek! It is a great post work out treat. Plus, with seven delicious flavors to choose from I get to switch it up regularly.
- Laugh: I surround myself with people who make me feel happy and make me laugh. Staying positive and enjoying my surroundings always keeps me in a good mood.
- Make Wise Food Choices: You are what you eat! I spend one day a week cutting up fruits & veggies and making healthy dishes that my family can eat throughout the week.
Anyone else taking on the Activia Challenge? What do you do to try to have a healthy lifestyle?
Congrats to Linda who won the last giveaway! I'm doing another giveaway for 10 more! You can enter via two of the options below: