At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Mexican Wedding Cookie Recipe
This is the traditional Mexican Wedding cookie recipe, a wonderful treat served for a wonderful event. We serve them at Christmas, never realizing until a few years ago that these melt-in-your-mouth cookies were wedding cookies.
Mexican Wedding Cookies
1 cup butter, at room temperature (2 sticks)
2 cups confectioners’ sugar, divided
1-1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and 1 cup of the confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl. Stir in the vanilla and almond extracts.
3. Gradually add the flour and salt. Use the mixer for the first cup of flour, and then work in the remaining cup of flour and the finely chopped pecans by hand with a wooden spoon. Dough will be stiff.
4. Form dough into balls (1 level tablespoon each). Place on an ungreased baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
5. Bake at 325°F on middle oven rack until light golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
6. While cookies are still warm, place the remaining cup of confectioner’s sugar in a shallow dish. Roll the cookies in sugar to coat completely. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Cookie Recipes List