This cinnamon bread recipe is filled with all the ingredients for a wonderful homemade treat. Serve warm with butter, everyone will go back for seconds (and thirds).
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. Measure flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, salt, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla into large mixing bowl.
3. Beat 3 minutes. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Smooth top.
4. Combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and butter, mixing until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over smoothed batter. Using knife, cut in a light swirling motion to give a marbled effect.
5. Bake for about 50 minutes. Test with toothpick. When inserted it should come out clean. Remove bread from pan to rack to cool.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!