Last Updated on
This cinnamon bread recipe is filled with all the ingredients for a wonderful homemade treat. Serve warm with butter, everyone will go back for seconds (and thirds).
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. Measure flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, salt, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla into large mixing bowl.
3. Beat 3 minutes. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Smooth top.
4. Combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and butter, mixing until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over smoothed batter. Using knife, cut in a light swirling motion to give a marbled effect.
5. Bake for about 50 minutes. Test with toothpick. When inserted it should come out clean. Remove bread from pan to rack to cool.