This cinnamon bread recipe is filled with all the ingredients for a wonderful homemade treat. Serve warm with butter; everyone will go back for seconds (and thirds).
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. Measure flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, salt, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla into large mixing bowl.
3. Beat 3 minutes. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Smooth top.
4. Combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and butter, mixing until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over smoothed batter. Using knife, cut in a light swirling motion to give a marbled effect.
5. Bake for about 50 minutes. Test with toothpick. When inserted it should come out clean. Remove bread from pan to rack to cool.
Other Delicious Cinnamon Treats to Try
Cinnamon is one of the most popular flavors of fall and winter. There's something so cozy and warm about cinnamon. After trying this cinnamon bread, give these other ideas a try.
Of course, you have to try making your own cinnamon rolls. Doing this might seem daunting, but it actually isn't as hard as it sounds. With some practice, you'll be pumping out delicious homemade cinnamon rolls in no time. There's nothing better than a warm cinnamon roll on a Saturday morning!
For a bite-sized snack, try making your own Cinnabons! These yummy treats are so easy to eat in large quantity. The warm cream cheese filling, combined with the rich taste of cinnamon and dough, will delight everyone. No more going to Taco Bell- now you can make these at home!
A cinnamon sugar apple pie is another great choice, especially if Thanksgiving is coming up. Bringing the same apple pie year after year can get boring. Change it up by making one with cinnamon sugar! Sometimes, a spin on a classic is exactly what you need.