Plain chicken breasts get an egg batter coating with lemon and garlic, then are treated to a lemony sauce that makes this an all time favorite chicken dish.
1 egg, beaten
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 pinch garlic powder
1 pinch paprika
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 Tablespoons butter
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
1 lemon, juiced
6 slices lemon, for garnish
2 sprigs fresh parsley, for garnish
1. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the egg and juice of 1/2 lemon.
2. In another shallow dish or bowl mix together the flour, garlic powder and paprika.
3. Dip chicken breasts in egg mixture, then flour mixture.
4. Heat butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until golden on each side.
5. In a medium bowl, mix together broth and juice of 1 lemon, and pour mixture over chicken in skillet.
6. Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for about 8 minutes.
7. Place on serving platter, and garnish with fresh lemon slices and parsley sprigs.
Click for more Chicken recipes