20 Clove Garlic Chicken
3 lb. frying chicken, cut into serving pieces
salt and black pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/8 cup (2 Tablespoons) vermouth
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
20 cloves Garlic, peeled (20 is correct)
2 stalks celery, sliced
juice of 1 lemon
grated peel of 1 Lemon
1. Remove the skin from the chicken pieces. Sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
2. Warm the olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken on all sides, and remove to a platter when golden.
3. In a large mixing bowl, blend together the white wine, vermouth, parsley, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
4. Add the garlic and celery, and mix to coat. With a slotted spoon, transfer the coated vegetables to a slow cooker.
5. Add the chicken pieces to the remaining herb and wine mixture and coat well.
6. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables in the slow cooker. Sprinkle the lemon juice and peel over the top of the chicken.
7. Pour the rest of the wine and herb mixture over the top of the chicken.
8. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the thickest cuts. Discard the celery and garlic and serve warm.
- Crock Pot Chicken Soup Recipe
- Crock Pot Chicken and Rice
- Basil Garlic Whole Chicken with Vegetables
- Zesty Crock Pot Chicken and Vegetables
- Chicken Adobo Recipe
- Easy Ruben Chicken Casserole
- Slow Cooker Picnic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken with Stuffing
- Bacon Wrapped Apple Barbecue Chicken
- Slow Cooked Ruby Chicken
- Whole Roast Chicken in the Crock Pot
- Whole Roast Sticky Chicken
- Rosemary Tomato and Herbed Chicken with Pasta
- Smothered Chicken with Red Potatoes
- Cranapple Cinnamon Raisin Chicken Breasts
- Hearty Chicken and Noodles
- Crock Pot Chicken Fricassee
- Chicken Pizza in the Crock Pot
- Honeyed Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Dinner
- Cheddar Chicken Casserole in the Crockpot
- Crock Pot Lemonade Chicken
- Orange Burgundy Chicken
- Fresh Lemon Chicken with Rice
- Crock Pot Chicken Ala King
- Slow Cooked Chicken Cacciatore
- Sweet and Sour Crock Pot Chicken
Food and Recipes Menu
- Food and Recipes
- Dinner Ideas
- Soups - Side Dishes - Salad Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Kids Recipes