If you've been looking to introduce more seafood into your diet, we hear you. Many families are looking to cut back on their red meat consumption for the sake of their health. Shrimp is an easy way to eat more seafood. It has fewer calories than red meat, but is still packed with protein.
This herbed crusted shrimp recipe is a very simple dinner to make. It's a great choice for a weekday night. Busy nights don't always have to equal fast food. You can eat healthy without having to spend an hour in the kitchen preparing and cooking food.
We've given instructions for the French fries that use the oven, but if you don't want to use the oven you can air fry them instead. Air frying your French fries can help cut down on the overall cooking time, since you can cook your French fries and your shrimp at the same time.
If you don't have French fries on hand, no need to worry. You can also make some white rice to serve with this recipe. Rice often goes with shrimp, and we think this recipe is no exception. Plus, white rice can easily be made quickly. You can make the rice while you cook the shrimp.
Herbed Crusted Shrimp with Oven Fries
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
¼ cup chopped fresh mint
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
¼ cup chopped cilantro
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 package frozen French fries
1. Bake French fries according to package directions.
2. While French fries are baking, coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
3. Combine the basil, mint, parsley, cilantro, garlic, lemon juice, oil, salt, in pepper in a bowl.
4. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
5. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet.
6. When French fries are done baking, set the oven to 450 degrees F.
7. Place the shrimp in the oven; bake until opaque and cooked through (about 6 minutes).
8. Serve the shrimp with the French fries. Makes 4 servings.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Elena Shvetsova/Shutterstock.com.