1 (4½- to 5-pound) boneless pork loin roast, trimmed and tied at 1 inch intervals
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 (14-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup orange juice
3 (3-inch-long) strips orange zest, trimmed of white pith
⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Dry pork with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Brown pork well on all sides, 7 to 10 minutes.
3. Stir cranberry sauce, cranberries, orange juice, orange zest, and cinnamon into slow cooker.
4. Nestle browned pork into slow cooker. Cover and cook until pork is tender and registers 140 to 145 degrees, about 4 hours on low.
5. Transfer pork to cutting board, tent loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest for 10 minutes. Let braising liquid settle for 5 minutes, then remove fat from surface using large spoon. Discard orange zest. Transfer braising liquid to saucepan and simmer until reduced to 2 cups, about 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Remove twine from pork, slice into ½-inch-thick slices, and arrange on serving platter. Spoon 1 cup sauce over meat and serve with remaining sauce.