Eggplant Tomato Parmesan
1 large eggplant
2 Tablespoons salad oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon flour
1 pound can stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon basil
1. Peel and slice eggplant. Simmer, covered, in small amount of boiling, salted water for about 5 minutes.Drain thoroughly.
2. In hot oil in skillet, saute garlic until golden. Stir in flour, stewed tomatoes, salt, sugar, paprika, pepper and basil.
3. Cook, stirring over medium heat until mixture boils and is slightly thickened.
4. Mix eggplant with other ingredients, place in greased casserole dish and top with grated Parmesan.
5. Bake 20 minutes in 375 degree F oven.