5 lbs. chicken wings, tips removed
salt and pepper, for seasoning
1 quart vegetable oil (for frying)
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup Louisiana hot sauce (we use Frank's or Crystal brands)
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
1. Heat oil to 375°F in a deep fryer or large pot.
2. Cut wings into 2 separate pieces at the joint. Season them well with the salt and pepper.
3. Fry the wings in several batches (too much at one time will drop the temperature of the oil too much) until they are crisp and golden brown, about 10-13 minutes per batch.
4. Remove wings from oil and let drain on paper towel.
5. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
6. Add the hot sauce and vinegar. Stir to blend and remove from heat and pour over cooked wings. Serves 4.