Early American settlers brought their favorite juicy pie recipes with them. Recipes like the peach cobbler were created because of local ingredients and improvisation. This is a classic Southern dessert, made even more delicious with locally grown peaches.
Peach cobbler is a wonderful way to enjoy the sunny flavor of peaches anytime of the year. This luscious peach cobbler recipe is delicious served either straight from the oven or chilled with a dollop of whipped cream. Grab a spoon and dig in!
The first recipe below uses fresh peaches; if you would like to use canned peaches use the second recipe.
2 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 stick butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, sprinkle the peach slices with the sugar and let stand while preparing the batter.
3. To prepare the batter: Place the butter in an 8-inch-square baking dish or 8-inch-round cake pan. Place in the oven to melt the butter.
4. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, buttermilk, baking powder and salt.
5. When the butter has melted, remove the pan from the oven and pour the batter over the butter. Top with the peach slices and any juices that have collected.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until golden on top.
29 oz. can sliced peaches
2/3 - 1 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons corn starch
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup self-rising flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
3 Tablespoons shortening
1/2 cup milk
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Drain fruit and reserve liquid.
2. Mix sugar and corn starch in saucepan. Stir in fruit juice gradually, bring to boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Add fruit, pour into 1 1/2 quart (or 9"x13") baking dish. Dot with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon.
4. Mix flour and sugar, cut in shortening. Add milk. Stir until ingredients are blended.
5. Spoon dough onto fruit. Bake 25-30 minutes. Serve warm.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.