Breaded Turkey Rolls Ingredients:
8 thick-cut turkey breast slices (1 pound)
8 thin slices deli ham (¼ ounce each)
8 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese (½ ounce each)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
7 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
⅛ teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Lay down turkey slices, top each with a slice of ham and cheese; spread with mustard. Roll up tightly and secure with toothpicks.
3. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and paprika.
4. Brush turkey roll ups with mayonnaise, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in a 13x9 baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
Per 2 roll serving
Total Fat: 12 g
Sat: 5 g
Protein: 40 g
Carb: 10 g
Fiber: 0 g
Cholesterol: 104 mg
Sodium: 962 mg
Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, ½ starch
Marinated Cucumbers and Tomatoes Ingredients:
2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
4 plum tomatoes, sliced
½ cup reduced-fat olive oil vinaigrette
1. Combine ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
Total Fat: 6 g
Sat: 1 g
Protein: 1 g
Carb: 6 g
Fiber: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 246 mg
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat