2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons sherry
1 Tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 Tablespoon dark sesame oil
1½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
2 large scallions, chopped
½ pounds snow peas, trimmed
1 (8 ounce) can baby corn, drained
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
2 cups cooked white rice
1. Combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry, honey, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the shrimp and stir-fry until pink (3-4 minutes), transfer the shrimp to a bowl.
4. Two skillet, add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, ginger, garlic, and scallions. Stir fry 30 seconds.
5. Add the snow peas and baby corn and stir fry until snow peas are bright green, about 3 minutes.
6. Stir in the hoisin mixture and the reserved shrimp.
7. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened (1-2 minutes).
8. Remove from the heat and stir in the sesame seeds.
9. Serve over white rice. Makes 4 servings.