2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons sherry
1 Tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 Tablespoon dark sesame oil
1½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
2 large scallions, chopped
½ pounds snow peas, trimmed
1 (8 ounce) can baby corn, drained
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
2 cups cooked white rice
1. Combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry, honey, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the shrimp and stir-fry until pink (3-4 minutes), transfer the shrimp to a bowl.
4. Two skillet, add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil, ginger, garlic, and scallions. Stir fry 30 seconds.
5. Add the snow peas and baby corn and stir fry until snow peas are bright green, about 3 minutes.
6. Stir in the hoisin mixture and the reserved shrimp.
7. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened (1-2 minutes).
8. Remove from the heat and stir in the sesame seeds.
9. Serve over white rice. Makes 4 servings.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.