Buttermilk Corn Fritters
1⅓ cups buttermilk baking mix
1½ teaspoons baking powder
1 (14.75 ounce) can cream-style corn
1 egg, beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
1½ cups maple syrup or molasses
1. In a medium mixing bowl, sift together baking mix and baking powder.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine corn and egg.
3. Combine egg and flour mixture, stir gently.
4. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
5. Drop batter by Tablespoonfuls into hot oil one layer at a time.
6. Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
7. Drain fritters on absorbent paper.
8. Serve immediately with maple syrup or molasses.