4½ cups milk
⅔ cup cornmeal
¼ cup butter
½ cup dark molasses
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease a 1½ quart baking dish.
2. Scald 3½ cups of milk in top of double boiler over direct heat. Remove milk from heat.
3. Mix cornmeal with remaining 1 cup of milk, and stir this mixture into the scalding milk, stirring constantly. Place the milk mixture into the top of the double boiler and cook for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Stir butter, molasses, salt, sugar and cinnamon into the mixture. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
5. Bake in the preheated 325°F (165°C) oven for 1½ hours.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!