At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
6 tablespoons soy sauce
¼ cup oyster sauce
4 teaspoons sesame oil
¼ cup water
1½ teaspoons sugar
¼ cup canola oil
2 carrots peeled, julienned
4 cups broccoli
1 package (14 ounces) extra-firm tofu, cut into cubes
4 garlic cloves, minced
3 teaspoons bottled minced ginger
½ of 13.25-ounces package whole wheat rotini
2 one-gallon freezer bags, labeled
On hand for each entrée:
1 cup roasted cashew nuts
1. Bring 5 cups water mixed with 1 tablespoon salt to boil in a large stockpot. Pour in dry rotini and cook until pasta is al dente.
2. Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, water, and sugar in a small bowl.
3. Heat 4 tablespoons canola oil in a large skillet. Stir-fry carrots and broccoli for 2 minutes. Add cubed tofu; stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add sauce mixture. Stir to coat.
4. Divide mixture in half. Place first half over noodles and stir to coat. Top with cashews just before serving. Place second half in 1 one-gallon freezer bag and freeze.
1. Defrost in refrigerator and reheat in microwave. Top with roasted cashews, serve warm.
Yield: 2 entrees, 4 servings each
Freeze up to: 4 months
Try these similar recipes: