At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Healthy Curried Chicken Recipe
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon thyme, crushed
1 stalk scallion, chopped
1 Tablespoon hot pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
8 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tablespoon ginger, grated
3/4 teaspoon salt
8 pieces chicken, skinless (breast and drumstick)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 cup water
1 medium white potato, diced
1 large onion, chopped
1. Mix together curry powder, thyme, scallion, hot pepper, cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic, ginger, onion, and salt.
2. Sprinkle seasoning mixture on chicken.
3. Marinate for at least 2 hours in refrigerator.
4. Heat oil in skillet over medium flame. Add chicken and sauté.
5. Add water and allow chicken to cook over medium flame for 30 minutes.
6. Add diced potatoes and cook for an added 30 minutes.
7. Add onions and cook for 15 minutes more or until meat is tender.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 1/2 breast or 2 small drumsticks
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 6 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 81 mg
Sodium: 363 mg
Total fiber: 1 g
Protein: 28 g
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Potassium: 384 mg