At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Rosemary Chicken with Pasta
2 medium onions, sliced or chopped
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic or 4 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
2 Tablespoons wine vinegar
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed or 1 Tablespoon fresh
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 (8 ounce) package dried pasta (penne, mostaccioli, or elbow macaroni)
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 quart crockpot, place the onions and garlic on the bottom. Add chicken to crockpot.
2. In a mixing bowl combine undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, bay leaves, sugar, rosemary, salt, and pepper; mix well.
3. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 7 hours. Or, cook on HIGH heat settingfor 3-1/2 hours.
4. When ready to serve, remove bay leaves. Stir mushrooms into chicken mixture; cook for 5 to 10 minutes more to heat through.
5. Cook pasta according to package directions. Serve the chicken and sauce over the hot cooked pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.