This is a great-looking and great-tasting punch that everyone at your Halloween party is sure to love. A little green food dye adds vibrant color to this punch, while kiwi juice, lime juice, and lime and orange sherbet provide an amazing array of flavor.
Part of what makes this recipe so cool is its use of surgical gloves to add to the Halloween theme. The process for getting these gloves to work correctly in the punch is a bit difficult and time-consuming, so make sure you take that into account when making your Halloween plans.
Don't let that intimidate you, however! As long as you take your time and follow the steps we've laid out for you, your swamp punch will turn out fantastic. Have your kids give you a hand if you need an extra pair or two of hands in the kitchen. They'll love being included, and it will make your job a whole lot easier!
For more great Halloween-themed recipes, check out the other offerings on our site. We have a wide array of fantastic recipes, all themed to fit this fun holiday perfectly. From cookies to popcorn balls, we've got you covered!
Swamp Punch Recipe
2 bottles (1.75 liters each) of white kiwi juice, chilled and divided
4 drops green food coloring
2 very thin surgical gloves, rinsed
2 8″ long wooden chopsticks
1 bottle (1 liter) seltzer, chilled
Juice of two limes
Cantaloupe or grapefruit
½ quart lime sherbet
½ quart orange sherbet
1. Combine 5 cups of the juice with the food coloring.
2. Pour half into one glove. Insert one chopstick into middle of palm through base of glove; tie end closed with string
3. Place on a baking sheet, fingers supported by an inverted spoon, making sure fingers do not touch.
4. Repeat with remaining juice mixture, glove and chopstick.
5. Freeze until solid, 8 hours.
6. Cut cantaloupe or grapefruit to fit punch bowl, put aside.
7. In punch bowl, combine seltzer and lime juice with remaining kiwi juice.
8. Scoop sherbet into punch.
9. Cut off tied portion of gloves around chopstick.
10. Snip glove fingers; gently peel back from frozen juice.
11. Insert chopsticks into cantaloupe or grapefruit; place in punch bowl.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iuliia_n/Shutterstock.com.