Peanut butter cup lovers will rave about this cake, it's a delicious peanut butter cake enrobed in rich chocolate frosting. A definitely distinctive flavor, peanut butter cake is everything you want in a cake including the chocolate!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa
8 Tablespoons (1 stick) butter
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup peanuts, salted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F if baking with a metal dish; 325 degrees F if using a glass dish.
2. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together. Add graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, chocolate chips (if using), shortening, milk, and vanilla.
3. Beat mixture with electric mixer on low until moistened, and then beat on medium for 2 minutes.
4. Add eggs and beat for 1 minute. Bake in greased 9-inch by 13-inch pan for 30 to 35 minutes. Do not remove from pan to cool.
1. Mix all of the ingredients together. Pour into a saucepan and bring mixture to a boil.
2. Boil for 1 minute. Cool slightly.
3. With a wooden spoon handle, poke a few holes in the cake, and then pour the warm frosting over it.