With all the health benefits that come from turmeric, you can't go wrong adding it to your diet...especially in tasty recipes. Curry powder contains turmeric as a major constituent. The Chicken Curry Recipe is easy to make and a winner with both chicken and curry fans alike. The curried potatoes are wonderful as a side dish with shrimp or with the chicken, instead of rice.
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced thin
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
4 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
1 cup sour cream
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. When hot, add the onions, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Turn the heat down to medium, sprinkle the onions with half of the curry powder, and continue to cook an additional minute.
4. Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and season it with the remaining curry powder.
5. Move the onion to one side of the skillet and add the chicken in one layer. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
6. Add the sour cream to the skillet and stir constantly over medium-low heat until the mixture thickens.
7. Place the chicken back in the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through, turning once. Serve with rice.
6 medium russet potatoes
3 Tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 cups water
1. Peel and dice potatoes.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil and add spices. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add potatoes. Immediately stir potatoes until evenly coated.
4. Continue cooking for 5-10 minutes until some cubes are browned on the outside.
5. Add the water and lower the heat.
6. Simmer for 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),