Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
For some reason a lot of kids dislike spaghetti because of the red sauce that covers it. Never mind trying to add low fat protein to it, that red sauce just turns them off from eating a good healthy dinner.
Enter chicken spaghetti made the old fashioned way! With a cheesy, creamy, "chicken-y" sauce mixed throughout with noodles; it's all their favorite ingredients with the added bonus of chicken. The bell pepper is a tasty addition, but can be left out without sacrificing taste. You can easily substitute the pepper with broccoli for a slightly different taste that is sure to please even the pickiest eaters.
3 cups cooked, finely cubed or shredded chicken meat
1 (8 oz.) pkg. spaghetti noodles
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Drain.
2. Coat a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. In a large bowl combine the chicken, cooked spaghetti, bell pepper, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth and 1 cup of the cheese.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix all together.
5. Spread mixture into the baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
6. Sprinkle remaining cup of cheese on top and bake for another 15 minutes.
Try one of our fan-favorite chicken recipes:
Click for more Chicken recipes